5-Ingredient Recipes That Are Improved and Extra inexpensive Than Takeout
Like fried rice, lo mein is relatively greater in processed carbs and sodium and really low in pure nutritional vitamins, minerals, and fiber, per the USDA. However on this fast do-it-yourself model, you’ll be able to incorporate as a variety of veggies as you’d like, and scale once more the sodium. Under, coleslaw mix will make for a speedy and delicious veggie with out the necessity of any chopping in any respect! As well as the cabbage within the combine is a cruciferous veggie (like kale, broccoli, and cauliflower) which signifies that it’s filled with antioxidants in the kind of polyphenols and will have anti-inflammatory results in the whole physique, in response to previous examine.
- 8 oz dry lo mein noodles
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 pink bell peppers, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fewer sodium soy sauce
- Non-obligatory components for garnish: peanuts, scallions, lime wedges, sesame seeds
- Present a major pot of ingesting water to a boil. Cook dinner dinner lo mein noodles in response to bundle instructions. Drain totally and rinse with chilly ingesting water to halt cooking.
- Within the meantime, location a giant wok or deep skillet round medium-large warmth. Incorporate olive oil, coleslaw combine, bell pepper, and garlic and prepare dinner, stirring routinely, until veggies are tender and coleslaw begins to brown, about 4 to six minutes.
- Incorporate noodles and soy sauce to the skillet and put together dinner, stirring normally, till noodles are heated by the use of.
Vitamin per serving: 241 vitality, 4g full extra fats (.5g saturated extra fats), 6g protein, 44g carbs, 1.1g fiber, 2.1g sugar (.1g additional sugar), 467mg sodium